Bembridge, located on the eastern tip of the Island, is a small coastal Village which was once used by Lord Nelson to keep some of his battleships during the turn of the 18th Century. The Harbour now supports a variety of unusual houseboats (some used for Bed & Breakfast) and private yachts. Bermbridge still supports a small marine industry as well as the Airport which is used for light aircraft and is a good base for Gliders.
The Village centre itself is a neat little array of shops with a wide variety of goods and services from the traditional Butchers to the Chemist. Bembridge is also the home to the Islands only Windmill built in the early 1700s' which was in full working order up until 1913 whereupon it was used as a store and the headquarters for the Home guard during WWII and now it has been fully restored by the National Trust who now own it